Tuesday 15 January 2013

Swanvale and Swanpool (15th January)

I had a geography practical in the morning at 9am surveying down at Swanpool and Gylly beach so I left a couple hours early and arrived down at Swanpool before my flat mates had even got up.  My first 6 Fulmar of the year were a nice treat, especially having the opportunity to admire them close up moving backwards and forwards across the bay.  Further round at Swanpool Point, I picked up on a small grebe species, very probably a Slavonian but I only had my bins with me so it was just a little too far for certain ID.  An adult winter Mediterranean Gull was also my first for the year.  Next, on to Swanvale were I noted a total of 3 Chiffchaffs, a single Bullfinch and my first Little Grebe of the year.  2 Stonechats (a pair) were also feeding in the middle of Swanpool Beach along with a single Rock Pipit, both year ticks for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment