Friday 21 September 2012

Finally a dip! (20th September)

After trying to sort my landline number out throughout the morning and attending a few talks etc. I had the brief opportunity to explore more of the local area.  I only got the news of a Pectoral Sandpiper by the 20th, the following day it was last seen and without planning my trip at all, I cycled off to Celenick Creek.  On arriving it was obvious my efforts would be pointless as the tide was way out and there was very restricted viewing over the creek itself (note to self ALWAYS PLAN A TWITCH!), in theory the bird could have been anywhere.  I gave up without much effort as all I could find was 1 Common Sandpiper and a few Curlew.  With the tide not to come in until the evening I decided to head into Truro before retracing my steps back to another larger creek further south, called Restronguet Creek which only produced a few more Curlew, Little Egrets and the odd Redshank, despite a rising tide.  I got back very exhausted after a rather pointless trip only to notice that Pendennis Point, only half the distance away, had had some of the best sea-bird passage recorded so far this week!

some old pics from yesterday whilst wandering around Pendennis Point+a bit of rock pooling

 Common Prawn

rock shore on the east side of Pendennis Point

No comments:

Post a Comment