Thursday 22 May 2014

Falmouth Patch (20th May)

Falmouth Cemetery:

Goldcrests, Red Admiral and a couple Speckled Woods.

Seawatching from Swanpool Point:

The odd Gannet in rather calm sea conditions.

Falmouth Bay:

2 Great Northern Divers were a treat to watch in their full summer breeding plumage but I spent most of my time gazing onto rockpools where I photographed Common Blenny, Common Sea Slater and Star Ascidian.

sum plum Great Northern Divers

Common Sea Slater, Ligia oceanica

Star Ascidian, Botryllus schlosseri

Common Blenny

Seawatching from Pendennis Point all west late afternoon until 21:15:

63 Manx Shearwaters, a couple Fulmar, 1 sum plum Great Northern Diver off the point. 1 bat species on my walk back from the point.

4 comments:

  1. That's quite a bit of catching up you've done there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep :) Pretty much just copied and pasted what I'd written on the Bird Forum Falmouth thread so it wasn't too much work :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samuel, in my mind you are down in Falmouth studying and I completely forget to look at your bird blog. But if I do remember to check out your blog I realise why you are truly down in Cornwall.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete