Friday 9 May 2014

Divers and Black Guille again! (2nd May)

I was out at sunrise today for a quick break before continuing with work.  As a result, I was fortunate enough to locate 2 Red-throated Divers in the bay shortly before they took off and left towards the Lizard (a rather good patch birds!).  6 Great Northern Divers were still lingering in the bay and a Whimbrel was on the rocks below Pennance Point.

Dan arrived on scene a little later and together we headed around to Pendennis for a brief seawatch.  We only intended to stay for 10 mins but when my first patch Arctic Skua (a nice dark morph) came charging through from the east I could barely bring myself to leave.  Thankfully we didn't as Dan soon picked out a 1st summer Black Guillemot flying into the mouth of the Carrick Roads, where we watched it bobbing in glistening water at the mouth of the Roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment