Sunday 14 October 2012

Shopping Diversion (14th October)

News in Falmouth of a Yellow-browed Warbler got me cycling into town as soon as I heard the news with the intention of bypassing the shops on the way back so it was all worth while.  I arrived at Swanvale about midday and walked up and down the path, including the small road leading along the west side of Swanpool but could not find any trace of the warbler.  Only a few fleeting glimpses of what could have been phyllo warbler at the southern most extent of the willows near the car park at Swanpool.  Walking back however, I got partial compensation for my prolonged "pishing" efforts and a stonking Firecrest Regulus ignicapillus pooped out from cover, very close to where I was stood, so it wasn't all in vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment