Thursday 19 September 2013

How can I forget the old Patch! (12th September)

I'd entirely forgotten to mention my brief visit back to my old patch at Wilstone Reservoir, which I visited two days before heading down to Falmouth.  I was there in the vein hope of picking up the Spotted Crake that had been seen only two days prior to my visit but to no avail.  Despite obvious disappointment, I was glad to have squeezed in a brief visit as I haven't been to the res's for months!  However, whilst scanning the far bank I did encounter 4 Water Rails, 1 Greenshank, 2 Snipe and a Hobby even made a brief appearance.  An Oystercatcher also flew in calling from the direction of Startops's End.  Steve Rodwell also made an appearance and it was a pleasure bumping into him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment