Tuesday 9 April 2013

Cassiobury Park (9th April)

Back on my old stomping grounds for two hours in the late afternoon between 4-6pm as I happened to get a lift to Watford.  Whilst I was wandering around the park, my brother was in fact watching 2 Peregrines over the town, they would have been a welcome park first for me.

Anyway, species of note included 5 Chiffchaffs (4 of which were singing), Ring-necked Parakeets, 2 Grey Wagtails, 6 Stock Doves, a pair of Bullfinches, 1 female Reed Bunting and a Little Egret on the stream by the reserve.  The NR was a little more productive and since it is now largely underwater it had managed to attract a drake Teal, and my first 3 SAND MARTINS of the year hawking over the wet NR.  Further on, 1 male Blackcap was seen from the small hide as well as a Siskin and 2 flyover redpoll sp. near the eastern end of the park (most likely Lessers).

No comments:

Post a Comment