Tuesday 27 March 2012

Cassiobury Park and Kings Langley Woods (22nd March)

CASSIOBURY PARK

In summery, I had 3 Ring-necked Parakeets and 1 calling Green Woodpecker (always the usual).

KINGS LANGLEY WOODS

I had my first singing Chiffchaff in Kings Langley Woods for this year as I returned through it after school at 17:30pm.  I was back in the woods soon after walking Theo and was very surprised to find an immature Sparrowhawk (with a thin white bar across the end of the tail feathers).  There was also a short conflict between a Grey Squirrel and a Magpie which was attempting to occupy the squirrels drey much to its frustration.  However, the squirrel soon fled with an acorn in its mouth.  Other birds of note in the wood included 1 singing Goldcrest, 1 Song Thrush and 4 Bullfinches (2 pairs) feeding in the usual tall hedge at the western corner of the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment