Monday 12 March 2012

Cassiobury Park (9th March)

WGSB

5+ Pied Wagtail were on the playing fields and concrete and 1 Herring Gull was calling outside whilst siting in my geography lesson.

CASSIOBURY ESTATE

Whilst waiting for the bus at Cassiobury Drive (I do a lot of bus stop birding thanks to many delays and absence of buses) I was alerted to a circling Sparrowhawk high over the estate moving northwards being mobbed noisily by a Herring Gull forcing it of its territory (perhaps a sign of Herring Gulls breeding locally (apparently they are still considered absent from the tetrad in terms of breeding status so I hope to change this in the coming year).

BUS TRIP INTO KINGS LANGLEY

The bus was just entering Kings Langley and was passing the field just west of the A4251 when 3 Greylag Geese flew in and landed in the field, an unusual species to be seen on my daily commute in and out of Watford.

KINGS LANGLEY WOODS

Once I got home I was soon out the house again walking Theo (my dog) through the Kings Langley Woods.  Nothing of significant importance but 3 Bullfinches were a nice surprise along with 1 Mistle Thrush and 1 calling Nuthatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment