Tuesday 27 March 2012

Cassiobury Park (23rd March)

  • cloud 0/3
  • wind 0/3
  • temp. 1/3

The half hour I had in the park before school started at 8:30am was spent well wandering around the park.  In summery, I had 1 Green Woodpecker, 1 Nuthatch, 1 Ring-necked Parakeet, the long-singing Mistle Thrush, 1 Jay and a Magpie carrying nest material "category B-probable breeding".  I made another visit to the old oak trees near the nature reserve and was very pleased to find the resident LITTLE OWL perched in the same place accompanied by 2 Stock Doves.  I also heard 1 Redpoll species calling from over the trees bordering the football pitch but could not see it.  Very frustratingly, when I visited the Herts Bird Club website later that day, I had to restrain myself from hitting my head on the table as I had narrowly missed Ian's Osprey which must have flown over my school only seconds before it was first seen.  Unfortunately, I was sat indoors totally unaware that it was perhaps flying over my head whilst I was listening to another Friday afternoon debate (well done Ian!).

No comments:

Post a Comment