Monday 22 August 2011

Ringing at Mr Downhills House

CANAL TOWARDS BERKHAMPSTEAD

Just came back from another ringing session at my trainers house between 6:30 and 8:30am.  On the way, whilst cycling along the canal a Kingfisher called as it flew (out of site of me) along a small stream to the left of me, just into Berkhampstead.  It then overtook me on the right heading up the canal and over the loch.  What I assume was the same bird then hurtled back over the loch and headed straight towards me and only veered away from me at the last moment.  Only meters from the location I saw a Sparrowhawk fly up into one of the overhanging willow trees, perhaps the reason for the Kingfishers hasty retreat back towards me.

RINGING IN MR DOWNHILLS BACK GARDEN

Very little was caught today except 2 Blue Tits, 1 Coal Tit and a Nuthatch, all the same we occupied ourselves with passerine books and watched the birds swerving deliberately out of the way of the net.  Also in Mr Downhills garden was a party of 3 Bullfinches and 4 Jays.

No comments:

Post a Comment