Wednesday 22 June 2011

Afternoon Walk Around my local patch (19 June)

I had a good walk around KL Woods and the fields behind the RSSKL.  I left at around 1:30 and the walk only lasted for about 3 hours however in the woods I found a Treecreeper, Nuthatches, Jays, Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Blackcaps, and a Bullfinch as well as a Red Admiral.  Behind the RSSKL I had Whitethroat, 1 Red Kite, 1 Buzzard, Skylarks, Yellowhammers, a Green Woodpecker, 2 Stock Doves, Swifts, Swallows, and House Martins were also hawking over the fields. The highlight was a find of a family of 3 Little Owls (consisting of 1 adult and 2 juvenile birds), the nest must also have been close by as they did not seem to be able to move far since they were still flightless.

2 juvenile Little Owls

adult Little Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment