Saturday 12 April 2014

More White Wags (10-11th April)

10th April

I decided to revisit the manure field again and was delighted to find not one but 2 White Wagtails feeding in the same area, along with the lingering male Wheatear.  A showy Skylark was an added bonus as was a Red Kite showing very well as it searched for worms in the newly ploughed field.

Skylark

2 Swallows were also hawking around the barns and I saw my first Comma and blue sp. (probably a Holly Blue) of the year!

This Large Bee-fly was also new to me.

Large Bee-fly

11th April

I decided on an early start and although I find getting up just as difficult as everyone else I still managed to make it out around first light to the sound of the dawn chorus.  The Cetti's Warbler was once again singing from the canal-side and was a lot more active in the early morning bursting into song a lot more frequently (even flying across the path and landing on one of the branches above my head).  I made my way back up to Middle Farm again where I joined Sh4rpy and Brendan watching not one, not two but 3 White Wagtails!  Added species of note included 5 Swallows, the remaining male Wheatear and a Willow Warbler by the A41 bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment